Friday, May 2, 2014

Packing, packing, packing



Hi! Remember me? Yeah... sorry, if I told you I've been incredibly busy the past few weeks would you believe me? Let me fill you in, then you can decide if you do or not. 

First things first. I'm moving. Temporarily, but at the same time permanently. I've been meaning to share my cozy little studio apartment that's nestled in the Gramercy neighborhood of Manhattan with you for some time. It's sorta been my baby. I have spent countless dollars, countless minutes hours days weeks A YEAR to make it feel like home. If I do say so myself, I think I succeeded. Of course, my work is never done. As soon as I find the perfect piece to complete one side of the apartment, I have already grown tired with the other. It's a constant flipping flopping back and forth. But that's what I love. 

However, what I don't love is packing up every. single. thing. into a box (or going on 10+ boxes?). Oh my goodness, talk about a lot of work! What I also don't love is that I wasn't able to share it with you first. I could show you all the boxes, but you'd only think to yourself, "Wow, Molly must have a lot of crap." But it's not! Those boxes are filled with pieces that each hold a different story. I spent time carefully choosing the right prints, posters, and photos for the gallery walls. I spent time finding the perfect unique bookends for my shelves, and I searched the East Coast (literally!) for the perfect desk chair, only to finally find it at a vintage flea market in Charlotte, North Carolina (that was fun getting that home!) The point is, my home makes me happy. It may not be the actual physical space, since that will come and go -- sometimes in the blink of an eye, but it's most definitely the meaning behind the things you surround yourself with and most certainly the people you surround yourself with that make a house a home. 

That was the long winded way of saying, I haven't blogged because I've been packing. That was easier.




Second, it's the end of the semester! As much as that means beautiful weather, wanting to spend more time outside (and less in the classroom), and finally getting to dine at cute little outdoor cafes -- it most depressingly means finals. One of the major differences between my year at Penn State and my two years at FIT is how 'finals' are viewed. Penn State finals were straight up tests. Tests that you had to study DAYSSSSSSSSSSS for. No exaggeration. Here at FIT, I have one test -- but 62.53 million projects. Even though projects are so much more interesting (and actually fun to do!), they sometimes take WEEEEKSSSSSSS. So, that's been going on too. 


I snapped these photos on my way to Home Depot to get more boxes and bubble wrap (boo!)
It was the most perfect and Mad. Sq. Park was hopping!


All in all, in the next few weeks I'm going to be moving out of NYC, back to my parents' house (only for a week!), and then it's on to Philadelphia for the summer (YAY)! I can't wait to share all of my adventures, moves, and experiences with you! So stay tuned.
--xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Meet Me in Gramercy © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat