Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Spring Snapshots



Can we just talk for a second about how beautiful the city is in Spring? Literally all the trees have exploded with the prettiest flowers and bright green shoots. The sky yesterday was also the most perfectly perfect blue. Everything literally popped against it! 

Spring is such an awesome reminder of new life, the promise of being reborn, hope, and the pure beauty of nature. Back home in PA things are still looking a little dead, so it is awesome to come here where the trees, flowers, and plants are a little ahead of the game. That makes the lifelessness back home seem a little less blah since the promise of its new life is foreshadowed in the liveliness of NYC!

I snapped these shots on the way to school yesterday. Sometimes I am extremely humbled as I walk the streets of NYC and think about how I am living in NYC. I casually pass the Empire State Building every. single. day. Some people have only ever seen it in pictures! As much as I can complain about the city and its 'not-so-nice-ness', it really is a pretty fantastic place. It's important to try and find contentment wherever you may be. One of the saddest, most waring things a person can do to themselves is to always long for some place they aren't. It's a day-by-day process to learn to be content, but this Spring I am really trying to find all the reasons I love where I am, when I am.




And let's all be real... no blog post would be complete without a picture of Baxter! 

-- xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Meet Me in Gramercy © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat